INFORMATION FOR INCOMING KINDERGARTEN
Epping Elementary School
March 14, 2024
6:00pm to 7:00pm
Find out everything you need to know about the pre-registration process at this adult-only information meeting. This is an opportunity for parents to meet the administration, kindergarten team, and view the classrooms. If your child will be 5 years old by September 30th, they are age eligible to attend kindergarten for the 24-25 school year.
What to bring?
Birth certificate, immunization record, most recent physical record, and proof of residence (bill, lease agreement, proof of purchase, etc.). We can make copies here at the elementary school.
If you have any questions, please call us at 603-679-8018 or email Karen Mongeon @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKILLS TO PRACTICE
Get dressed (including zipping your own coat)
Independent in the bathroom and washing hands
Color using short crayons (broken ones work well)
Put together a puzzle
Practice being independent with opening snacks
Speak in complete sentences
Use words to express wants and needs
Read together and play with rhyming words
Play board games together and practice taking turns
Separate from a parent and play with other kids
Listen to and follow directions
YOUR CHILD WILL NEED
A regular size backpack (please not a mini, child-sized one) to fit folder, library books, and winter gear.
A healthy snack, lunch, and drink. Students may also purchase snacks and lunch at school.
Sneakers or rubber soled shoes (we play on the playground every day). Students should wear footwear that covers the toes and is strong enough to allow students to take part in all physical activity (no flip flops and no heels). Sneakers work best.
Comfortable play clothes that follow the school's dress code (your child should be able to independently fasten and unfasten for bathroom use).
For winter recess: coat, hat, mittens, snow pants, boots, as well as inside shoes to change into (no slippers).
For some children, riding the school bus for the first time can be an experience filled with anticipation and trepidation. In order to make your child's ride as pleasant as possible, we are asking assistance from all parents/guardians in the following areas:
- All children must be ready and at their scheduled bus stop five minutes prior to the buses arrival.
- It is the procedure of the school as well as the bus company that no child in grades K-2 be left at any stop without a parent/guardian present.
- If a child is attending a home daycare after school, it is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to notify the school and the bus company in writing with the name, address, telephone number, and the person responsible for the child's care.
- If your child is visiting another student's home after school, you must send a note into the school with your child's name, where your child will be going, (name and address).
- It is important that all parents/guardians follow the instructions of the driver when children are loading and unloading the bus. This will help to ensure that all children properly load and unload the bus.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact First Student at 603-778-6900.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.